After cutting a tree many times, a stump can remain, and removing it may be a difficult task. Burning out the stump is one way to get rid of it quickly and easily. There are two items you would do first before proceeding.I strongly suggest you to visit Bronx stump removal to learn more about this.
- It is much simpler to burn when items are fresh, so if the stump has not yet dried completely, you can wait until it has.
- Contact the local fire station before you start the burn to make sure you won’t be violating any laws on burning in your region. If you want to torch the stump, make sure it’s far away from any flammable items or structures.
Steps for burning a stump
- To carve a “X” on the top of the stump, you’ll require a chain saw. For burning the stump, the deeper and broader the X, the stronger. Fill the newly created area with fuel or kerosene, just do not light it. Allow time for it to soak through the stump, which may take many hours. Pour more fuel in the field before it spills over the side and let it rest overnight.
- The next morning, ignite a paper and throw it on top of the trench to set fire to the stump. Follow the steps in the preceding paragraph to make the burn more efficient and go quicker, but get a big metal barrel first. The size you intend it to be will be determined by the size of the stump you plan to burn. Cut the bottom and top of the metal barrel off and position it over the stump. To start a decent fire, toss in some logs and add more fuel to the logs.
- If you’re using the barrel to remove stumps, add more logs until the fire is going strong. Since the stump is immersed in gasoline, the barrel aids in maintaining a high temperature, allowing the stump to burn more quickly. Continue to add logs to the fire and allow it to burn before the stump is removed. If you need to flame it again the next day, cut another X in the stump or dig any holes in it, so dump some fuel or kerosene on it and light it again.
If the stump removal requires a deep-rooted and large stump, burning it out will not be an option, so you can find a specialist to do the job. To shield your hands from getting burnt, make sure you wear waterproof gloves.